About Me

My photo
I am a believer in God, a mother, a daughter, a sister and friend. I am purpose driven with intentions of inspiring, provoking thought and dialogue while motivating and changing lives GLOBALLY...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ARE YOU TIRED OF SEEIING THE MAKEUP MONSTERS? ME TOO!!!!!

As I sit here as I do each and every time the spirit moves me to blog, I try to be silent and still so the thing that is weighing heaviest on my spirit I can address in this blog.  And today...... what is weighing most on my spirit is?  Drum roll please?
 Women and their makeup choices.  Can I just say?  I am not a doctor, an expert, or even a beauty consultant at the Mac counter, but I am going to play one of these today because I  have to say something in regard to the things I see in my day to day life. First let me say this.... ATTENTION STRAIGHT WOMEN... THERE IS SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE WE CAN LEARN FROM OUR DEEP VOICED  size12 PUMP WEARING SISTERS....DRAG QUEENS.  Ok? Rupaul has really bought the art form of dragqueendom to mainstream, but honey.... I have known practically all my adult  life. A QUEEN CAN BEAT A FACE BETTER THAN ANYONE! For all of you who are lacking in the homo friendly language, I said... A Gay man specifically a  drag queen can make up a face better than anyone! So with that being said, let me just run down some things I have seen and tell you what I think. 
Foundation... the base coat of the art that is the illusion of makeup. I am talking to all women, white ,black, brown, yellow,red or pink.... PLEASE!, if your  neck is one color? MAKE YOUR  FACE THAT COLOR OR AT LEAST MAKE AN HONORABLE ATTEMPT!!. Don't get me wrong, it CAN  be a challenge, for an example, in the winter I tend to be as pale as the underbelly of a fish, it is difficult to find  my perfect shade of foundation.  But as any fine drag queen will tell you, BLEND, BABY ,BLEND!  It may take a combo effort to get that just right color. And for you girls who don't need foundation cause your skin is SOOOOOO FLAWLESS.... Go to HELL!(SMILE)
But for the rest of us, make an attempt to match, unless of course you are rocking a turtleneck or a high placed scarf.  I suppose your neck could look like a corpse (in my case) while your face looks like a
glorious South Beach tan. For my sisters with a little more color, please don't have your neck looking like Loretta Devine and yo face looking like Beyonce...  not the REAL Beyonce, but that dam Beyonce in those Loreal print ads where she look like somebody dipped her in Covergirl's  fair to light!
EYEBROWS.... do we really need to go there?
Eyebrows are like weaves....AT LEAST MAKE THEM BELIEVABLE!!!! Dang! 
Eye shadow, if you look like a raccoon or like you got into a fight and you are on your 3rd day of bruising? WRONG COLOR FOR YOU!The same applies to lip color, cause  I don't care what Nikki Minaj say....LIGHT E PINK LIPSTICK? AINT FOR EVERYBODY.   
Seriously and while we on the lips....LIP LINER SHOULD MATCH OR AT LEAST BE IN THE SAME FAMILY OF COLOR THAT YOUR LIP COLOR IS IN! How many dam times do I need to see burgundy, brown and sometimes if you can even believe in 2011  folks are still wearing BLACK lip liner and the  lips are colored in with a completely different color usually lighter.  AND.. Oh my goodness I almost forgot.... LIP GLOSS AND  GLASS!!!  Really? If yo ass look like you just polished off some chicken, pork chops, greasy ass movie popcorn EXTRA HEART ATTACK (aka butter) All I am needing at this very moment is?... WHO SAID THAT LOOK WAS SEXY?  WHO SAID THAT?  Oh greasy mouth having ass.THAT  is a big fat NEG A TIVE,   NO!
 And finally....THESE DAM FAKE ASS TARANTULA LIKE,  YOU KNOW DAM..... WELL.... THOSE ARE NOT YOUR DAM EYELASHES!!! Ladies!!!!!! LAY TO THE DEES......
 I know.... I know..... its glamorous, it's fabulous... they open your eyes up, BUT.... REALLY?!
Long ass eyelashes at the gym?  @Old Navy? @the grocery store, as you working the 10 items or less lane? @the post office, @ the OBGYN?  COME ON!!!!  Yo eyelashes are like a flashback to the Supremes in the 60s while upon further examination yo finger nail polish is chipped, 4 of your acrylic nails are missin,  you out the house with no bra on,  and your breast look like stomach curtains.... you out with no  kind, of any type of LUBRICATION ON YO FEET, YO KNUCKLES?   But ....yo eyelashes are fierce!!! Uughhh..... some of yawl need to SIMMUH DOWN NAH  with the spider eyes.
Its all about moderation and what looks good on.... YOU!!! EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYDAY! That's all I'm saying.... And I know, some of yawl hating ass women are saying... because I have CALLED YOU OUT,  "FIRST OF ALL..... WHO IN THE HELL IS A DAM OLIVIA FOX"? AND SECOND OF ALL, "Olivia,  I know you aint talking, cause I seen yo bumpy ass, freckle face, having ass out and you aint all that"!!!  And you know what I say?.....
SO WHAT..... BITCH!!!! (smile) hahahahahahahahaha... that's funny to me, I kill me I swear!
but on the serious tip, I am just one person who Blogger messed around and allowed me to blog, and it was on my spirit, SO....THERE..... I SAID IT!!! NOW....any questions?......
As always.... GET LIFE...THIS AINT NO DRESS REHEARSAL.... but some of yawl NEED TO REHEARSE YO LOOK BEFORE GOING ON OUT IN PUBLIC ! OUT HERE IN THESE STREETS COMMITTING EYE ASSAULTS AND WHAT NOT!!
That's all I'm saying.........................

Total Pageviews